Thursday, October 22, 2009

I'd Love To Talk To This Guy

Photographing people on the street is tricky. I don't like posed shots, and prefer to catch people in their natural state without them knowing I am taking their photo. This guy was in a deep conversation with some other guys in Kathmandu. I wanted to be able to just sit down with the group of men and join-in with their conversation...then I wondered what they were talking about... their kids? Their jobs? The latest political situation in Nepal? I will never know...

3 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

Great portrait!

I used to find it hard photographing strangers, but since I did a project over at flickr called the 100 strangers project, I'm totally hooked at talking to people and asking them for a photo.

Anonymous said...

a face full of experience. wonderful shot.

paz

Lorac said...

I could only imagine the stories he could tell. Very cool!